Saturday, April 03, 2010




Hot Cross Buns

The many Easter breads posts in the forums inspired me to make some for Easter Sunday. Knowing my family's indifference to sweet bread, especially those laden with raisins, I was a little half-hearted when I made these. However, I plodded on because when you can't please everyone, you've got to please yourself.

I chose Dan Lepard's version of Stout flavored Hot Cross Buns posted in the Guardian.

Since I did not have Stout at home, I made do with some Sulawesi Toroja coffee that I had made earlier. Using coffee was also another clever tip I picked up from Dan's Black Pepper Rye bread.

On Easter morning, I woke up and made some more Toroja coffee and warmed up 4 buns for the family. The verdict from my daughter was positive but my son gave a cryptic remark saying that it was not as good as I thought it would be. I wonder what he meant by that as I have not said a single word about the outcome of the buns.

No comments:

 Staple Walnut Bread 1kg All purpose flour 800g Water 3 tsp salt 3 tsp yeast Bowl of walnuts Makes two large loaves Mix dry ingredients and ...