Tuesday, March 18, 2008





Potato Bread With Chives
Last week's potato bread tasted so good that I couldn't get enough of it. I made some modifications to Hamelman's recipe. Instead of the 15% wholewheat, I made it with 100% bread flour this time. The percentage of Potatos was the same but I added in a handful of chives and to complement the flavors, a dash of pepper and nutmeg was added. The aroma from the oven when the bread was baking, herald the birth of a winner (as far as my taste in bread is concerned).
I realised that I had made a mistake about the shaping of fendu loaves. A more careful reading of Hamelman made me realise that I had done the shaping wrongly. So this time, I resolved to get it right but failed again because the wood dowel that I had used was far to slim and cut into the dough too much. I'd have to do this shape again and this time with a rolling pin.

No comments:

 Staple Walnut Bread 1kg All purpose flour 800g Water 3 tsp salt 3 tsp yeast Bowl of walnuts Makes two large loaves Mix dry ingredients and ...